Monday, January 20, 2020

WEEK 2- Reading Overview

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Classical- The Iliad

Week 4: Biblical- Women Saints of the Golden Legend

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Middle Eastern- The Voyages of Sindbad

Week 6: Middle Eastern- Arabian Nights

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Asian- Japanese Mythology

Week 9: African- Brer Rabbit

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Hero Tales

Week 11: Apache Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: King Arthur

Week 13: Beowulf

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Dante's Inferno

Week 15: The Heptameron

I'm pretty excited about all of these! I think that I'm equally interested in everything that I've chosen. I picked these out because they were either something that I was already interested in or something that I knew nothing about and wanted to learn more about. I think that there are many areas covered with this course, so I can't think of anything that it missed. I'm glad that there's a topic on women saints, I never would have expected that! I love biblical things for the purpose of history and such, so I'm glad that was included! I'm a big fan of all things King Arthur and Iliad related things, so I'm also particularly looking forward to those units! 

Hans Andersen's Fairy Tales (W. Heath Robinson)
I didn't end up choosing this as a reading selection because I have my own copy of Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales at home! I read them a lot as a kid, so I'm incredibly familiar with his style of story telling. I did end up choosing this image because it looks whimsical and beautiful. I'm hoping to find other things that I will come to love in the other selections that I chose!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm B

Source: The Three Spinsters  from  Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm  translated by Lucy Crane and illustrated by Walter Crane ...