Sunday, January 19, 2020

Technology!

I think that it's great that we use so many different platforms for this course. It allows us to become familiar with many different websites outside of Canvas, which kind of has its own expiration date. After graduation, I don't anticipate on ever using it again, there's no reason to. It's nice to be learning different websites that we could potentially be using a lot more of in the future!

I'm mostly familiar with the programs mentioned here. I've never used Twine before, though I have heard of it. it sounds fun. I'm pretty versed, or versed enough, in image editing and things of that nature, so I think I'm good to go! I've used a blog before, so navigating Blogger is of no concern to me either. I'm going to try using different websites this time around and hopefully become accustomed to using those as well.

It's great that all of our reading materials are free! Free educational materials are so excellent! In academia, high textbook prices make the knowledge inaccessible, but by having them all online and freely available is so helpful! I definitely wish more of my classes did this. I spent a pretty penny on textbooks this semester unfortunately.

This online environment is different than any course I've taken, but I think that it encourages both interaction and creativity from everyone involved. I found it easier to interact with my classmates in the past through this platform and I found it more fun to share my work as well. I'm not sure quite what it is about it, but it's just... I like it better than other online environments. Maybe it's the freedom from Canvas. I don't know. Anyway, I'm looking forward to using old and new websites! Should be a fun time. :)

Maybe technology could do this someday (Pixabay)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm B

Source: The Three Spinsters  from  Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm  translated by Lucy Crane and illustrated by Walter Crane ...