Thursday, January 16, 2020

Assignments!

I'm fairly sure that I've mentioned this already, but I was in the Indian Epics section last semester, so I am pretty familiar with the layout of this course. I love the way the extra credit is designed. It's so helpful when you either want to get ahead or accidentally miss an assignment. It's been really useful during my time here. I'd like to start right off the bat by taking advantage of the many extra credit opportunities available! My favorite ones were the extra readings. I just like reading. I think they're fun. 

I'm interested in the new extra credit options! They sound very interesting and fun to try! I probably won't try the one where you talk about your own life because I... don't like talking about my own life, but maybe! I would be interested in reading it as told from other people, however. I love the short story one. Was it Hemingway that popularized the 6 word story? "For sale: Baby shoes, never worn"? I love that. It sounds like a fun challenge. It really makes you be deliberate with word choice. 

I'm excited to start working on my project as well! I think that was my favorite part of last semester. I don't have any idea what I want to do yet, but I'd like to try something lighthearted. I always have the most fun writing things of that nature. I don't know! I guess we'll see. 

The way the class is structured makes it fairly easy to get ahead if that's something you want to do, so I'm hoping to get a strong start! I think it'll help in my other classes as well if I am able to just get ahead everywhere. It makes me less stressed and less worried about deadlines. 

Some files, possibly for storing assignments? (ACC)

1 comment:

  1. Over the course of this first week, I have become accustomed to the layout of this course! I'm trying to capitalize on the extra credit opportunities to get ahead in the class and hopefully finish early. I learned about how important time management is to getting things done on time, and I think I'll definitely need the time to work on my Capstone this semester! Hopefully by prioritizing my time for this course now, I can have more free time later on in the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Notes: Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm B

Source: The Three Spinsters  from  Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm  translated by Lucy Crane and illustrated by Walter Crane ...