Monday, March 2, 2020

WEEK 8 Reading & Writing

In general, I'm pretty happy with my progress in this course. I'm enjoying the readings. I like my notes formatting. They're not anything too crazy, but they make sense to me. My issue is with stories. Personal issues and emergencies have arisen and I've been uninspired/exhausted my my life circumstances and I feel like the writing took a hit. I didn't start out strong and I definitely haven't kept the momentum going. I like the stories that I do have though. I think that they're nice. I'm more interested in my project stories at the moment. I feel more compelled to work on them, so I'll try to use that as a motivator to keep up the work in my other stories as well!

My favorite reading so far has been the Egyptian mythology section. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, but all of the sections were interesting and timeless. I also enjoyed The Iliad. I've always found it to be quite sad, but important. All of the characters have different motivations which plays out so beautifully. I don't know. I've liked all of the readings. They've all been fun for different reasons. I can appreciate different aspects about each of them.

I'm happy with the look of my blog. I don't know if I really care that much how it looks, but it seems easy to get around, or at least it is for me. I don't see anything super ugly about it, so it's fine! My project website also looks fine to me. I don't have an unbiased eye for my own project or anything, but I do like the look of it. It's green, which was the goal! I met that one standard for myself!

Speaking of projects, I still think the name is so funny for mine. Like, no one would get it because i'm the only one who has read the poem, but like... get it. Gawain saves his face literally and in the sense of reputation. The Green Knight doesn't behead him... haha. I am funny. I really didn't know what to title it and it's kind of dumb, but it works.

Looking forward, I'd like to focus more on trying to do more writing! There's not much to say here. I slacked off a little bit and should focus more! Ain't that just the way? Oh, I'd like to do more extra credit too.

Priam and Achilles by Ivanov (Wikimedia Commons)
I chose this picture as my favorite because I love this style of painting. I also found the entire chapter where Hector dies to be very impactful. I still think about it often. It was a tender moment for both characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm B

Source: The Three Spinsters  from  Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm  translated by Lucy Crane and illustrated by Walter Crane ...