Monday, January 13, 2020

WEEK 1- Favorite Place: NYC

I've been twice now to the greatest city in the world and I have to say that, yeah, New York City is pretty great. I love everything about it from the fast paced environment to the diverse groups of people and even the subways rats (I had the honor of finding two last visit.) There's something for everyone.

The one and only, Radio City Music Hall. Photo by yours truly (which is why the quality is bad)

My friends and I somehow managed to get tickets to Jimmy Fallon, which was pretty cool. I'd put a picture of that, but I don't have any. They're pretty strict about the whole "no pictures or we'll sue" thing. You can kind of see the entrance to NBC in the right corner, but only barely. I don't know much about television, but it's always fun to learn about! 

I am a Chanel girl. Sorry about it. I love SoHo. (The picture quality looks better on my phone I promise omg I am sorry...)

I'm very into designer pieces (though I don't purchase often or ever,) so I love going to this area. Fashion is so fun and special to me. Oklahoma doesn't have as many places as I would like, especially in ways of resale or vintage, so I adore the shopping here as well. I got to hold a pair of Margiela Tabi boots in my hands, the ones that look like hooves... it was a big moment for me. 

I'm in the middle hehe. Waitress was great. We saw it with Katharine McPhee

Lastly, I'm a huge theatre fan and Broadway is a thing that happens here. It's a lot of fun. This time we saw Waitress and Hadestown. Also, we waited by the stage door for signatures and got a picture with Reeve Carney, which I would show you, but I was not very cute, so pass! It was a nice experience though. You can always tell how much love and care goes into each of the shows from the sound design to the lighting and band work, it's all so beautiful. I love this method of storytelling. 

I truly think NYC is so much fun to go to and just adventure for a little while. Everything feels more exciting there. Admittedly, I feel less immune to the array of bright lights and all of the usual things people talk about with NYC, I just find it to be... cozy somehow. There's something nice about no one knowing who you are and being surrounded by people who are all doing their own thing, not paying attention to you. It's a humble reminder that we're all quite small, but it feels warm to me knowing that. Hopefully, I'll be back soon :)

Manhattan (Pixabay)





1 comment:

  1. So of course I had to click and look at the boots, Ryeli: wow! Of course there is all kinds of famous footwear in folklore and fairy tales... perhaps a Shoe Storybook...? Shoes, boots, slippers: there is plenty of famed footwear in the stories of the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Notes: Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm B

Source: The Three Spinsters  from  Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm  translated by Lucy Crane and illustrated by Walter Crane ...