Monday, February 17, 2020

Famous Last Words: Week 5!

It has been such a busy week for me! I've been sick and trying to deal with a few family matters, which is always such fun, but I'm making it through. I really enjoyed the readings for this week especially. I chose to read the section on Egypt and it was probably my favorite thing that I've read this semester so far. I've always enjoyed the legends and myths surrounding Egypt, so I loved getting to read it more in depth. I chose to do my story about Isis and Osiris, which I think turned out okay.

I haven't been doing as many stories lately because I've been feeling creatively drained, but I'm really going to try pushing myself to get more of them done! We really do get such a unique opportunity to rewrite these stories in whatever way we want, so I should take advantage of that more often. I do tend to favor reading though. That will always be my one true love.

Speaking of writing, project intros were due this week, which was fun. I had a good time with my storybook last semester, so I'd like to keep that energy strong! I ended up deviating from my original plan. Originally, I had wanted it to be more dark and sad, but I don't think that about the story at all. There's many opportunities for humor and growth. Putting Gawain as a narrator was my best chance to give the reader a way to relate to his struggles of crippling perfectionism and having being your own worst critic. I wasn't a huge fan of how it turned out, but I'll fix it. It's fine for now.

In other Gawain related news, there's a new A24 film coming out "The Green Knight." A Dev Patel Gawain is exactly what I want in life. I would watch him do anything. I'm not playing, I love him endlessly. I'm interested to see how they make this story scary because it really isn't, but I'm very excited!

I want to be this cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Notes: Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm B

Source: The Three Spinsters  from  Household Stories of the Brother's Grimm  translated by Lucy Crane and illustrated by Walter Crane ...